Any member of Alcoholics Anonymous is welcome to join the forum – whether you have a technical background or not.
Also, if you’re not a member of A. A. but are supporting A. A. service work (either as paid or volunteer staff or serving as a non-member board member of an A. A. organization), you are welcome to join as well.
If you wish to receive an invitation, you can request one here. The current statement of our membership policy is located here.
As of 8/1/2019, TIAA-FORUM became a registered Colorado Association. We have applied for and received a 501(c)(3) non-profit designation by the IRS. Our organization’s bylaws can be viewed here. In accordance with those bylaws, we have a Board (including organization officers) and an Admin Team
The tiaa-forum.org board is elected from the community membership and is responsible for maintaining the organization, paying the bills, and setting policy and priorities for the community.
A rotating administration team is responsible for the general maintenance and evolution of the site, including the forum software.
We intend to manage and operate the site in accordance with AA principles. Where decisions affect the forum community as a whole, the admins will, at times, create a poll and ask active members for their input.
This forum is for AA members to share about using technology for accomplishing the primary purpose of AA.
About Our Community:
- This forum is for both technical and non technical members
- We hope to share our experience as well as our needs and questions about how and where to use technology in our AA experience and our service entities
- You can come here to:
- share your experience with others around using technology in your program and/or your AA service positions
- share questions about various technology solutions you desire in your program or your AA service efforts
- share your progress (and/or your team’s progress) as you explore or develop technology in support of your AA program or service