These are the frequently asked questions and answers about our site, forum and, community. A general FAQ of community guidelines is available here.
This forum is for AA members to share about using technology for accomplishing the primary purpose of AA.
About Our Community:
- This forum is for both technical and non technical members
- We hope to share our experience as well as our needs and questions about how and where to use technology in our AA experience and our service entities
- You can come here to:
- share your experience with others around using technology in your program and/or your AA service positions
- share questions about various technology solutions you desire in your program or your AA service efforts
- share your progress (and/or your team’s progress) as you explore or develop technology in support of your AA program or service
A rotating administration team is responsible for the general maintenance and evolution of the site, including the forum software.
We intend to manage and operate the site in accordance with AA principles. Where decisions affect the forum community as a whole, the admins will, at times, create a poll and ask active members for their input.
In addition, we are in the process of creating an organization which will have oversight of community policies and priorities (again, consistent with AA principles of organization). This organization will also allow the forum to survive past it’s founders by maintaining a structure, bank account, etc. Our hope is to realize this organization in 2019.
All contributions are used to purchase and maintain the software and services (e.g. DNS listings, hosting, purchased software, etc.) used to keep the forum up and running. A full accounting of our expenses and contributions are available to members.
Currently, the forum administrators discuss and set forum priorities, including spending. It is expected that eventually (probably in 2019) there will be a new rotating leadership who will be accountable to the forum for financial decisions.
In accordance with AA’s 7th tradition, which states (in the short form) We are “…self supporting, declining outside contributions,” we feel that only forum members should contribute to it’s support.
We are working on a way for members to change their contributions or subscriptions as they wish. At this point though, an administrator will need to cancel/change contributions. You can initiate this at any time by sending an email to email@example.com. Please do not place your credit card information in this email!!!
When we receive your request, we will get back to you as soon as possible.